Tuesday 20 May 2014

Badgers, peanuts and ticks

So this is what happens after applying peanuts to the back garden, in the hope of getting some good badger footage (I did get a load of badger + badger cub footage, but haven't had time to upload it yet)


It looks like the deer like peanuts too, and the badger family are quite happy to share with it/them.

I'm in two minds about the deer - aside from eating all the buds off my roses when I forget to close the garden gate, they are infested with ticks. If I walked through that long grass in shorts I would have to spent the next 5 minutes flicking the little devils off, then hooking out the ones I missed later...


At some point I'm going to have to bite the bullet and fence the bottom of the garden off - hopefully the badgers will still be able to get in, but the deer wont....

No comments:

Post a Comment